1. Can I move out early?
Yes, but you will still have to pay rent for the full length of your agreed tenancy, even if you no longer live at Academic House.
2. Do I have to pay Council Tax?
Students do not have to pay Council Tax, but you must inform the council that your are a student and apply for exemption as this does not automatically happen. It is the responsibility of every student to apply for exemption, your University/College or accommodation provider cannot do this for you, though we can help you!
3. Do I need a UK based guarantor?
You only need to provide a UK-based guarantor if you wish to pay your rent in three instalments. You do not need to provide a guarantor if you’re paying the full annual rent in advance. From 2014 we've teamed up with Housinghand who specialises in providing UK students and International students guarantor services.
4. Who can be a qualified UK Guarantor?
- A resident and ordinary resident of the United Kingdom being Northern Ireland, Wales, Scotland and England. Crown dependency and overseas territories do not qualify as being UK residents. A resident and ordinary resident is someone who has resided within the UK for more than three years and is recognised as a resident and/or ordinary resident for tax purposes with HMRC.
- The guarantor must have a fixed abode – Proof of address (less than 3 months old) and photo ID is required
- Must be in full time employment or able to provide evidence that the tenant can be supported by the guarantor should the tenant get into financial difficulty – Copies of the past three months payslips and/or a recent bank statement showing available funds.
5. How much is the booking fee and what happens to it?
There is a £250 booking fee. When your tenancy commences, the booking fee will convert into a refundable damage deposit. All deposits are registered with TDS which is a government accredited Tenancy Deposit Protection Scheme provider. At the end of your tenancy a final inspection of your room will be carried out prior to your move out and if any deductions are required they will be discussed with you at this point. Assuming the room and its belongings are in the same condition as when you moved in and you have provided your bank details within our Portal you will get your deposit back within 10 working days. If you cancel your room booking within 14 days of your Accommodation Offer then you will be entitled to a full refund. After 14 days, the booking fee is non-refundable. Please refer to our cancellation policy for full terms and conditions (see below)
***********This website is owned by CRM Students Limited.
5 Wallbrook Court
North Hinskey Lane
1. Except where expressly indicated nothing on this website constitutes an offer to enter into legal relations, including but not limited to contractual obligations.
2. While CRM Students takes care and every precaution to ensure that the information contained on this website is accurate and up to date at the time of updating, which shall be carried out from time to time as CRM Students sees fit, the information on this website is disclosed "as is" and without any warranty of any kind. CRM Students accepts no responsibility or liability for any loss or damage howsoever caused as a result of any information contained on this website.
3. CRM Students is not responsible for and makes no endorsement or certification as to the integrity or accuracy of the contents of any third party information included on this website. CRM Students recommends that you verify such information with these parties directly.
4. CRM Students is not responsible for the content of any external sites. Any links to external sites from this one are undertaken at your own risk and without reliance upon any information, representation or certification from CRM Students, its employees or agents.
5. References to any product or service which has been or may be provided by CRM Students or any third party company shall not constitute promises as to the availability of such products or services at any time. CRM Students reserves the right to make any improvements in and/or changes to products and services described on this website at any time without notice.
7. Except as indicated CRM Students or its subsidiaries own the copyright to or valid license in the contents of this website. All rights are reserved in respect of all trademarks, trade or brand names registered or otherwise, owned or held by CRM Students.
8. This site is operated and controlled in the United Kingdom and is governed by English law. Those who choose to access this site from other locations do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable.
By accessing the CRM Students web pages, you agree to the following terms. Please note that you must not access our pages if you do not agree to all of the terms below in their entirety.
The entire contents of any and all information published on the world wide web by or on behalf of CRM Students is provided "as is" without warranty of any kind. Notwithstanding the above and to the fullest extent allowed by law, CRM Students hereby disclaims all warranties and conditions with regard to the contents of this information including all implied warranties and conditions of merchantability, satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement except where such disclaimers are held to be legally invalid.
In no event shall CRM Students be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, punitive or consequential damages or any other damages whatsoever howsoever arising in connection with any of the information disclosed or available on its world wide website from time to time, even if CRM Students has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
The information may contain technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. Changes are made periodically to the information and CRM Students reserves the right to make any improvements and/or changes to the contents of this site or to any of its products or services described on its web pages at any time and without notice.
Reproduction, transfer, distribution or storage of part or all of the contents of the CRM Students web pages in any form without the prior written consent of CRM Students is strictly prohibited. Individual documents in our web pages may be subject to additional terms as indicated in those documents.
The contents of this site are protected by copyright and other proprietary rights, which are the property of CRM Students as owner or authorised licensee and are subject to the following copyright notice.
All images and floorplans are indicative and actual rooms, unless specified, may vary in layout.
CRM Students. All rights reserved.